Production and quality assurance
The contact angle of SCHOTT NEXTERION®
coated slides is controlled within every batch
and from batch to batch. High consistency is
a major criteria for our quality control process.
Unique features of the advanced
- DIN EN ISO 9001:2008 certificated production process.
- Use of borosilicate glass manufactured from high purity raw materials to
produce slides with an extremely low auto-fluorescence.
- An automated laser-cutting process produces glass slides with tight geometric
tolerances, as well as smooth edges free of chips or micro-fractures.
- A highly efficient automated glass cleaning process is used prior to coating
to ensure contamination free surfaces.
- Clean slide surfaces are maintained throughout the entire production process,
with all steps carried out under class 100 cleanroom conditions.
- Extensive intra-slide and batch-to-batch consistency tests are performed to
ensure the highest possible product reproducibility.
- 100 % quality control system ensures geometric precision, and slides free
of visible defects and particles.
- Slides are packaged in specially designed slides boxes and sealed in laminated
foil pouches for protection during transportation and storage.
SCHOTT Technical Glass Solutions your reliable partner
Schott Technical Glass Solutions is working with the latest standards for quality, enviromental and integrated management system.
Below you can download copies of the recent certificates.
Certificate Quality Mangement System
Certificate IQNet an SQS
Manufacturer Declaration Raw Material