What’s your next milestone?
Trainee Operational Excellence / International Graduate Program (f/m)
In 2010 SCHOTT started its transformation to become Operational Excellence. To support us on that way, we are looking for a Trainee Operational Excellence (m/f). Within the 24 month International Graduate Program you will receive well rounded experience that consists of working, mentoring, and training that is tailored to the tasks of the Operational Excellence department. We are looking for a trainee who will be located in Mainz, Germany.
- Support the planning and implementation of continuous improvement projects
- Contribute to increase the operative performance in production, logistics and supporting functions by taking over responsibility for work packages, sub projects and/or projects
- Strong collaboration with the production area, logistics, supply chain and quality management
- Intensive cooperation on multiple levels at different SCHOTT locations (e.g. Shop floor Manager, Line Manager, Plant Manager)
- Get to know and use fact-based management practices (e.g. Six Sigma) and other problem solving methodologies within the organization
- Build Operational Excellence capabilities during project roll-outs by training and supporting colleagues at multiple levels to implement change for their team over the long term
- Contribute to the development of the central Operational Excellence team, actively network with peers from the community and promote best practice sharing within SCHOTT
- University degree in engineering or business administration with above average results
- Good presentation, communication and networking skills
- Sound level of curiosity, independence and determination
- Distinctive social competencies
- Profound analytical skills, structured, versatile and systematic approach
- Fluent command of English and/or additional languages welcome
- Willingness to learn German language
- The position involves periods of travel, so flexibility and willingness to travel is a must
- 24 -month International Graduate Program as a foundation of your professional career in a fast paced international business environment
- Several international assignment (at least 3-6 months) to broaden your intercultural competence
- Participation in SCHOTT’s Global Graduate Meeting in Mainz, Germany to expand your network within Schott
- Supported by an experienced mentor during the program
- Different training offers (e.g. project management certification IPMA level D, Six Sigma Green Belt)
- Career development coaching prior to the end of the duration of the program
- Permanent position after completing the "International Graduate Program"
You can expect interesting tasks and challenging projects, as well as motivated and friendly teams in fields that influence our future. Do you want to be successful with us? Then, please send us your application.
SCHOTT AG, Mainz Human Resources, Arthur-Robert Adler, +49 (0)6131/66-1674Mainz, SCHOTT AG, Mainz, Germany