What’s your next milestone?
Supplier Development Engineer (f/m)
For our organizational unit "Purchasing" we are currently seeking a "Supplier Development Engineer (m/f)" in our department "Project Purchasing", located in Mainz.
- Plans, supports and implements supplier development programs to improve the quality of products purchased
- Evaluates, selects and develops supply base and assesses new supplier technology, especially in concept and development phases of new products
- Works together with engineering, quality, product management, application engineering, sales and suppliers to harmonize discrepancies in product specifications and evaluate cost reduction or quality improvement opportunities (e.g. in first serial production phase of new products, to support their market penetration)
- Takes the role of a problem solving function by initiating action to overcome obstacles as they encounters
- Serves as a technical interface and coordinates activity of internal and external resources
- Researches, recommends and supports implementation of new and/or existing quality assurance processes of suppliers
- Supports the sourcing process by proactively identifying and assessing potential/series suppliers, participating in internal and external technical reviews with suppliers, engineering and operations
- Actively driving continuous improvement activities, initiating corrective actions
- Ensures supply has compliance to corporate quality standards
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience in industrial supplier development / project purchasing
- Bachelor / Master degree in engineering
- Knowledge in process engineering, electronics or mechanics
- Experienced in supplier evaluation and development, continuous quality improvement and open issue management
- Hands on mentality with a proactive approach to identify and avoid problems in an early stage
- Experience in root cause analysis and problem solving methodologies (Six Sigma experience is a plus)
- Strong technical, engineering and communication skills in a global industrial environment
- Organizational and project management skills to lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Strong drive to complete assignments on time
- High flexibility to travel (national/international)
Motivated and committed employees are essential to the success of our company.
By participating in global and customized training programs, SCHOTT supports your development in a cooperative and dynamic work environment. We work collaboratively with you to develop a rewarding and challenging career path and look forward to grow with you through our successes.
Mainz, SCHOTT AG, Mainz, Deutschland
SCHOTT AG, Mainz, Martin Jobst